TEACHING: 9th Grade Film Production @ ACTVF
FILM TITLE: A Day in the Life of Kelly Diaz
During their first semester at ACTVF, 9th grade students make two documentaries. The first, “A Day in the Life…” centers on a school professional, whom the students can shadow during the school day. This project prepares students for the second, weightier “Final Documentary Project,” a short documentary on any subject of their choice.
This is one “A Day in the Life” project four of Kelly’s 9th grade students made… about her.
After this project, students will be able to…
- define the word “documentary”
- write open-ended interview questions
- record hand-held video footage
- describe and apply good shot composition
- record sound using lavalier and shotgun
- store works-in-progress on LaCie drives
- use iMovie HD to import, catalog, and
- use iMovie HD to add audio overlays,
credits, & music